Spectators urged to arrive early, use shuttles for The World Games 2022 Closing Ceremony presented by Coca-Cola Bottling UNITED
BIRMINGHAM, Ala., USA – The World Games 2022 end with Sunday night’s Closing Ceremony presented by Coca-Cola Bottling UNITED at Protective Stadium in Birmingham.
The program will be headlined by Alabama native Lionel Richie and include Allison Sanders, Blind Boys of Alabama, Jamey Johnson, Martha Reeves, Pastor Mike Jr., Yung Bleu, Alabama, Bo Bice, Ruben Studdard, Taylor Hicks and Worth the Wait.
“The City of Birmingham definitely showed up and showed out for 11 memorable days of competition here in the Magic City,” The World Games 2022 CEO Nick Sellers said. “Now, it’s time to cap the biggest sports party in Alabama history with an epic send-off befitting this amazing event.
Spectators are encouraged to plan ahead and arrive early because of limited parking options and road closures bordering the secure perimeter around the BJCC and The World Games Plaza presented by Regions at CityWalk BHM.
The World Games Plaza at CityWalk BHM and the Uptown entertainment area offers plenty of options for fans who arrive early.
Closing Ceremony presented by Coca-Cola Bottling UNITED at Protective Stadium in Birmingham begins at 8 p.m., at Protective Stadium. The clear-bag policy remains in effect, and all concession and merchandise sales will be cashless.
As a reminder, here are the road closures for the BJCC/Protective Stadium/downtown area:
- 12th Avenue North from 16th Street North to 25th Street North
- Rev. Abraham Woods Boulevard from 17th Street North to 25th Street North
- 6th Avenue North from 18th Street North to Richard Arrington Jr. Boulevard
TWG 2022 officials encourage the public to “Ride The Line” and utilize the color-coded shuttle service that will transport fans around the city throughout The Games. Here’s key information about this free shuttle and other parking options:
- Park at Legion Field and take the blue lineto the Hub at The Plaza
- Park at the World Games East Parking Hub and take the green lineto the Hub at the plaza
- Paid Parking at BPA Deck 4 – 2128 4th Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Accessible Parking – Orange Lot – 1000 19th St. N, Birmingham AL
- Other transportation, such as ride-sharing (Uber and Lyft), Birmingham On-Demand and scooters are available throughout the downtown area.
Fans should also be aware that a clear-bag policy will be in effect, and a there is also a list of prohibited items.